If you think your manners are practically perfect, think again. Etiquette expert Myka Meier says these are the etiquette faux pas everyone makes:
- Never shake hands while seated. When someone walks up to your table, stand up before extending your hand.
- Regarding the cheek kiss... In the U.S., it's one kiss, right cheek to right cheek.
- The guest of honor at an event always sits to the right of the host or hostess.
- Doesn't matter if it's full of water or wine, if a glass has a stem, that's where you should hold it.
- When eating soup, scoop the spoonful away from you, not toward you.
- When you're finished eating a meal, pinch your napkin in the middle and put it to the left of your plate.
- Don't say "Please RSVP" on an invitation. RSVP stards for 'répondez s'il vous plaît,' which means “please respond.” No need to say 'please' again.
Source: Redbook; photo: Getty Images