Living paycheck to paycheck? Start living by these five money-saving tips:
1. Don't spend more than you earn. Live below your means.
2. Pay extra on high- and moderate-interest debt. Minimum payments on some loans don't even cover the interest. Pay over the minimum payment on debts like credit cards and student loans, otherwise you'll be paying forever.
3. Invest in a retirement account. When you have the opportunity, save. Better save than sorry.
4. Don't waste money replacing perfectly good things. If it ain't broke, don't replace it.
5. Don't accept a pay decrease. Keep your life and your finances moving forward. You're constantly expanding your knowledge, experience and skill sets, so you should be paid for it.
Following these simple steps will ensure a secure financial future.
Source: PopSugar; photo: Getty Images