Sometimes workplaces can cause a huge amount of stress, and that stress can go so far that it messes with your mental health. If you know the signs of stress in your own life and what a toxic workplaces looks like, then you can keep an eye out for yourself. Here's what you need to look out for:
1. You have permanent phone-hand. If you're constantly checking your phone for work emails-- even when you're not on the clock-- sooner or later, you're headed for work burnout.
2. You're comparing yourself to everyone. If you find yourself comparing your work ethic to others, it could seriously affect your self-esteem.
3. You've gone forever without a raise. If you go too long at the same pay, you'll feel like you've stagnated.
4. Your sex life is down. If you need a sign that things have started to mess with you, look at your sex life. Stress at work can decrease sex drive.
5. You can't speak your mind. If you're in an environment where you can never voice your opinion, it's going to ebb away at you.
6. You get looked over. Someone always taking credit for you work can lead to problems with resentment and anger.
7. You work without breaks. When you have a lot of work on, it's easy to start working straight through the day, putting in long hours without breaks. But your brain— and your eyes — need a rest.
Source: Bustle; photo: Getty Images