Whether you're moving, Spring cleaning or overhauling your digs, there's several (six) rules to following when downsizing your belongings:
- Toss anything you don’t use 80 percent of the time. If it's wasting space, get rid of it.
- Don’t get a storage unit. It's an excuse to keep things you don’t need or use.
- Differentiate between decoration and clutter. Decoration? Keep it. Clutter? Toss it.
- Sell items with resale potential. Don’t pass up an opportunity to make a few bucks.
- Sell art worth value. See #4.
- Keep what you love. - Keep the things you totally dig.
Source: PopSugar; photo: Getty Images