A recent Quora thread asked servers what unwritten rules they wish customers would abide by (translation: what things they find super annoying). Here are the best responses:
1. When people stroll in and sit at a dirty table.
2. When a group sits at an empty table without talking to the host or hostess.
3. When a group shows up minutes before closing.
4. When a person snaps their fingers at the wait staff.
5. When a customer addresses their server as "waiter" or "waitress."
6. When people touch their server.
7. When people try to steal seats at the bar.
Source: BuzzFeed; photo: Getty Images