Insider shared some insight on what not to do in the dating game:
- Going out on a Thursday night. Hit the town on a Friday or Saturday when bars and restaurants are busy instead of boring.
- Planning boring dates. Don't grab coffee every time you hang out. Mix it up.
- Canceling dates. You’ll never know if you're meant to be if you cancel the date.
- Keeping score. Leave unsuccessful dates in the past; don't keep track.
- Not making an effort.
- Tuning out when you don’t see it going anywhere. The date’s a little dull... So what? Stay engaged, and make the most of it.
- Making a list describing your perfect partner. No one's perfect.
- Dismissing someone too quickly. Let the date run its course before you write him/ her off.
- Not embracing mistakes. Things happen. Laugh off awkward moments.
Don’t take dating too seriously. Go out, have fun and meet new people. You never know where it could lead.
Source: Insider; photo: Getty Images