Here's a few things you should give up if you’re trying to commit to a healthier lifestyle:
- Workouts you dread. If you're constantly doing workouts you can't stand, it's time to throw in the towel (literally) and start a workout routine you can actually tolerate.
- Eliminating entire categories of food. Instead of eliminating one food category, cut out a few food items from each one.
- Thinking in terms of calories. Calories are just part of the story. You should also consider how much water you're drinking, your sleep habits and your daily stress level.
- Punishing yourself for slipping up. Don't get down on yourself if you don't stick to your plan. Everyone slips up from time to time.
- Ignoring the need for recovery. If you're suffering from muscle soreness post-workout, take a breather from aggressive physical activity. You need rest!
- Choosing workouts based on what you want to look like. Target all parts of your body instead of just one. Try a few differing workouts, too!
Source: PopSugar; photo: Getty Images