The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting colder. Here's 6 tricks to staying happy during the winter months:
- Focus your senses and stay present. Staying present is one of the best ways to clear your mind.
- Welcome all opportunities of physical warmth. Stay in on a chilly Saturday night and curl up with a blanket and watch a movie. Go to hot yoga. Have a cup of tea. All warmth is welcome!
- Make time for the people you love. It's tempting to stay inside by yourself when the weather isn’t great. Call your friends. Share a meal together. Company can keep you happy.
- Get some sun. There’s not much of it, so catch some rays when you can.
- Move your body. A little physical activity goes a long way. Find ways to incorporate exercise into your day.
- Remember your “why.” What’s your true reason for being? Hold onto that purpose.
- Eat nutritiously. You are what you eat!
Source: Elite Daily; photo: Getty Images