The best part of Thanksgiving isn’t the meal itself— it’s feasting on leftovers the next day (or two). Here's how long you can safely keep Thanksgiving leftovers:
- Turkey, three to four days. It might last a little longer if it's cut up and stored in a shallow container.
- Homemade gravy, a day or two. Toss it if you haven't yet.
- Stuffing, three to four days.
- Mashed potatoes, three to five days. Same goes for green bean casserole.
- Pumpkin pie, three to four days. Apple pie lasts a little longer. You can leave it out for two days then put it in the fridge for another two.
- Cranberry sauce. It's the one Thanksgiving food that keeps for a while. The sugar acts as a preservative, so you can leave it in the fridge up to two weeks and continue to eat it.