Summer is swimsuit season. Here's six mistakes to avoid when it comes to swimwear:
- You keep wearing your favorite old suit. Swimsuits are made of elastic, and elastic stretches out over time. Keep that in mind the next time you reach for your oldie-but-goodie swimwear.
- You're not buying swim styles based on activities. Into surfing? Wakeboarding? Water skiing? Try a sporty style.
- Your tops don't have enough support. If you have a fuller bust, look for wider bands and straps when you shop.
- You think one-piece suits are all frumpy. False.
- You're buying your bottoms too big. Swimsuits stretch when they're wet, so buy fitted bottoms to avoid a saggy one.
- You think bikinis won't look good on you. Bikinis look good on everyBODY.
Source: Cosmopolitan; photo: Getty Images