Your relationship can come back from a disagreement, but the way you choose to fight can promote resentment and decrease trust over time. Unless you want to break up, never say these five things:
- Threats and ultimatums i.e. "I'm going to break up with you if you don't propose to me."
- Emotional diagnosis i.e. "You have an anger management problem."
- Saying "You always" and "you never"
- Comparisons to past relationships i.e. "This never happened with my ex."
- Calling in the troops i.e. "Even your sister, mother, brother, father, or anyone else agrees that you are difficult, challenging, a handful, etc.
Source: Elite Daily; photo: Getty Images