A Reddit thread asked divorce lawyers about their clients' best kept secrets. Here's six of the most appalling answers:
1. Hidden property. One attorney in a high stakes divorce said the husband hid two apartments, an ocean-front penthouse in an expensive city and an offshore oil rig. His wife never knew.
2. Goat porn. One divorce lawyer had a client who said he's not into "mainstream" porn. When the lawyer pressed for more info, the guy admitted he's "into goats."
3. A multi-million dollar fortune. A divorcing husband in Australia hid $10+ million by making an overpayment to the tax office. He had it refunded six months later, according to his divorce attorney.
4. A fake engagement ring. One divorce lawyer’s client was worried his wife wouldn’t return her engagement ring, so he swapped it for a fake one.
5. A secret second (and third) family. An East coast hubby with an income of $1.5-million cheated on his wife 10 times. Close to the end of the divorce process, it was revealed that he had another family in Seattle. The man used a different name, and he had another $14-million salary with stock options in the second identity worth $214 million! The man fled the U.S. and went to the Czech Republic where he had a third family waiting.
6. A love of crossdressing. One lawyer had a client who thought her hubby was having an affair, but he was actually stealing her undergarments to wear himself.
Source: Redbook; photo: Getty Images