Stressed out? Try these tips from Susan Bernstein, a licensed social worker in Connecticut and Massachusetts, to ease your anxiety:
- Schedule your day. A daily routine can create a sense of control, thus soothing anxiety.
- Plan your meals. Eliminate the stress of deciding what to eat by planning your meals ahead of the week.
- Move your body. Stretch, try some yoga poses, go for a walk. Get the blood flowing and give your brain a chance to think about other things.
- Make time for the things you like to do. Whether it's reading or sewing or taking a nap; do something that brings you pleasure.
- Connect with your friends and family. They're here to help you and support you through life's little and big stressors.
Source: Today.com/ photo: Getty Images